Home Vs. Professional Microneedling for Flawless Skin
In case you haven’t noticed, Microneedling treatments are enjoying a moment in the limelight. Celebrities, the media and regular people alike are embracing skin needling as the next “it” treatment. In fact, cosmetic doctors love it too. As it turns out poking the skin with tiny needles has real beauty benefits.
Microneedling works by boosting your skin’s collagen production (a process called collagen induction). A series of sessions work wonders to smooth the skin, improve texture, minimize scars and pores, and reduce fine lines and wrinkles.
If you want to reap Microneedling benefits for yourself, your choices are plentiful. Options run the gamut. On the one hand, you have the DIY skin roller. These come with a respectable body of evidence attesting to their safety and efficacy. Then there are state-of-the-art Microneedling treatments administered by a medical professional.
So how do you choose? Don’t worry, we’re here to help. Below is a list of Microneedling procedures – ranging from the simplest to the most advanced. Furthermore, you can do them individually, or in succession, to build on their progressive skin rejuvenating results:
Environ Cosmetic Roll-CIT® Microneedling Skin Roller
This is your entry-level Microneedling option. The Environ Cosmetic Roll-CIT® is a hand-held roller designed specifically for personal use. It features sturdy 0.1 mm stainless steel micro-needles that are ideal for the face and neck. Whether you’re a beginner or experienced Microneedling connoisseur, this simple device is perfect for you. Use it to prolong the results of your professional Microneedling treatments in between appointments.
We recommend using this roller several times a week to start. It will stimulate collagen production and facilitate the absorption of your favourite skincare products. Caution: do not use active ingredients such as retinols and acids with your Roll-CIT® device.
DermaFrac is a good place to start if you’d like an introduction to professional Microneedling with no down time. It helps to improves sun damage, acne, texture, enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, hyperpigmentation, fine lines, wrinkles and superficial scars. You will need 3 to 6 treatments 4 weeks apart to see visible results. Treatment takes approximately 45 minutes, has minimal downtime and includes the following customized protocols:
- Exfoliation – Crystal-free exfoliation for smoother, more polished skin.
- Microneedling – Hand-held roller with hundreds of microscopic needles create 1 mm micro-channels in the skin. The tiny injuries stimulate collagen production and allow skincare products to penetrate better.
- LED therapy – Treatment concludes with one of three light therapies. Red to calm redness, inflammation and irritation, blue to tame acne outbreaks and yellow to boost collagen production.
- Serum Infusion – Four different serums address targeted skin concerns:
- Anti-aging Serum skin for rejuvenation
- Hydration Serum with hyaluronic acid to infuse the skin with deep hydration
- Skin-Lightening Serum with kojic acid to reduce pigmentation
- Acne Serum with lactic acid and salicylic acid to manage acne breakouts.
A big step up from DermaFrac, Venus Viva™ combines Microneedling with radiofrequency (RF) to revitalize and renew aging skin, while also providing some skin tightening. The device is actually a slight variation from traditional Microneedling RF. Instead of needles, however, Viva deploys tiny pins into the epidermis while simultaneously delivering RF energy. The goal is to create a profound healing response and subsequent collagen-producing effects. Results are similar to DermaFrac but you get them much faster and with fewer sessions. Additionally, since Viva is a fractional treatment, downtime is minimal, although you may be red for a day or two. This is a procedure for those who are interested in serious results. Most patients will need 1 to 3 treatments a month apart. If you can manage a day of two of down time, this treatment should be on the top of your list to consider. No surprise that the Viva treatment is now one of the most requested treatments at the Brockville MediSpa.
TriBella is the Ferrari of Microneedling. It addresses skin damage and aging using multiple technologies. If you choose TriBella, you could skip DermaFrac and Venus Viva. That’s because this treatment already combines Viva plus two additional modalities into one intense, comprehensive procedure to treat tone and texture:
- IPL Photorejuvenation – A special Venus attachment uses Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) to treat pigmented and vascular lesions. IPL works by selectively targeting chromophores in the skin – hemoglobin for broken capillaries and melanin for hyperpigmentation.
- Anti-aging & Skin-tightening – Treats skin laxity and the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles using Multi-Polar Radio Frequency (RF) and Pulsed Electro Magnetic Fields (PEMF). The result is collagen production within the deep dermal layers for tighter, smoother and more youthful-looking skin.
- Mironeedling RF – Venus Viva treats textural skin conditions such as acne scars and other scars, rosacea, uneven skin texture, enlarged pores, dyschromia, and pigmentation
No surprise that this three-in-one procedure won the Top Non-surgical procedure for 2019!
Give us a call at 613-342-0220 to find out more about Microneedling treatments, and to learn of any special offers here at the Brockville MediSpa. We invite you to book a personalized consultation with Dr. Steyn. Look better without looking different!