10 FACTS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT EXCESSIVE UNDERARM SWEATING AND HOW TO TREAT IT EFFECTIVELY
Is excessive sweating crushing your confidence? Do you suffer from excess local sweating which drips and embarrasses, which requires regular clothing changes and leaves wet marks and stains?
If so, you may be suffering from a common condition called Hyperhidrosis.
Hyperhidrosis is when the body produces an excessive amount of sweat, compared to what is needed to cool the body. This is a very common condition and affects approximately 938,000 people in Canada, which is about 1 in 10 people!
So here’s the good news! There are effective new treatments for hyperhidrosis AND we at Brockville Cosmetic Skin Clinic are able to help! There is no longer a need to be embarrassed by excessive underarm sweating!
Here are 10 facts you may or may not know about the treatment of hyperhidrosis:
1. A simple medical Botox treatment can essentially stop all excessive underarm sweating.
2. BOTOX® temporarily blocks the chemical signals from the nerves that stimulate the sweat glands. When the sweat glands don’t receive chemical signals, severe underarm sweating is reduced. Sweat will continue to be produced elsewhere. The treatment can be directed to the area that is bothering you.
3. The procedure is extremely cost effective and affordable. Many drug plans will cover the medication portion of the treatment. You would only have to cover the injection fee of $269, which work out to $22 per month when you have a yearly treatment and $37 per month if you have 7 monthly treatments. A small price to pay for confidence!
4. It’s possible your underarm sweating can be managed by a topical agent, such as an antiperspirant or deodorant containing an aluminum-based compound. If that doesn’t work, it might be time to consider a BOTOX® hyperhidrosis treatment.
5. Most private insurance drug plans cover Botox for hyperhidrosis (OHIP does not). Prior authorization is often required and we provide an insurance form. Our office will send your form directly to a specialized pharmacy that will help you with the reimbursement process.
6. The procedure only takes 20 -30 minutes. Botox administered to the problematic area is all it takes to deal with the issue that has bothered you for so long.
7. There is no recovery or “down time”. You can receive a treatment on your lunch hour and return to work.
8. The results can be seen very quickly. You should notice a signifiacant reduction in sweating within 4 weeks after your first treatment. Your body will no longer be producing excessive amounts of sweat!
9. The results are dramatic! On average, clients can expect to see up to an 80% decrease in sweat production in the area treated.
10. Last but not least, your results can last anywhere from 7 months to a full year after treatment! Individual results may vary.
As you can see, treatment for this condition is quick, easy, very effective and gives long lasting results.
Do you sweat too much? Take the quiz here
Want more information? Or want to know if this treatment is right for you? Use our easy Request Your Consultation form to book your appointment with Dr. Mariette Steyn or phone 613-342-0220 for an appointment today.
Our $57 consultation fee for new patients will be deducted from your injection fee if your procedure is done within 4 weeks of your consultation.
All follow-up consultations are complimentary! WE WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU!